Sunday 18 April 2010

Challenge Number #9 - And The Mist Rolled In

Time to get Mucky!!

I was requested to put up a challenge to use the glimmer mists/cosmic shimmer mists - use these as part of a project/layout or card.

These mists work fabulously on any porous surface, or rough up and spray on other surfaces.....just takes longer to dry.  Paper blossoms look great I am told with some mist on.


Glimmer Mist Technique Hints
Glam It up with Glimmer Mist

  • Protect your work area............I spray on a non stick craft mat, and left over spray on there I 'mop up' with scraps of card to use on other projects.
  • Make sure you shake the bottle well to mix all the mica into the fluid....I store mine on their sides and this helps to mix the mica quicker
  • I also wipe the nozzle when finished with tissue in the hope that this will help prevent blockages.  Warm water I am told helps clear blocked nozzles.

Projects I have used my mists on........ps I have only been playing with them a few months.

ATC card spritzed with green and images stamped on top.
Photobucket

A couple of spritzes to a layout background (the blue bits on the green cardstock)
Photobucket

Another ATC size card spritzed on the background, imaged stamped and watercoloured.  More bling added with stickles to the wings.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment